The Release of a Secret | A Poem by Molly

Hey people!

So, it has been quite a while since I last posted. I wasn't really too sure what to post, and I may have forgotten about my blog. Oops. My aim is to post one blog post a week so that I can keep it active. I haven't fully decided my theme but I am getting there! Check back here on Tuesdays at 11. Anyways, without further ado here is a poem I wrote.

 Molly xoxo

The Release of a Secret 

By Molly 


Sliding out like a slippery viper, 
Entwining my tongue and teeth together. 
Full force prying at the back of my brain,
Eventually, even the cracks give in.

Forceful prods finding secret upon secret, 
a heavy tongue lets words loose; 
Loosened by a stimulant.
It is only myself at fault.

Birds crack open my skull, 
Carry manuscript to spies above,
Piled paper with profound implications;
But still, the tongue lets fly. 

Words fly away with the wind,
Spread like wildfire on a dry summer’s day.
Words that whip around and hold; 
Yet no one sees the damage 

To the tongue that let slip.



Comments

Popular Posts