A Ballad For Baby

A Ballad For Baby

Written By M 

Baby, Baby, driver faster and faster,
Drive far away from your master.
To your love, to your home,
Don't let them shoot you to the bone.

Baby, Baby, drown out the crash, 
The notes flowing, your fingers a flash.
Playing piano on the table, 
Your mission announced, are you able?

Baby, Baby, she sings as she passes,
Her purple headphones bounce as she dashes.
Beach Boys, T-rex, Carla too, 
She likes them all, just like you.

Baby, Baby, like Garfunkel's song,
I wonder how your engines feel.
They'll take your love far from you,
Please driver fast or they'll kill you too.

Baby, Baby, driver faster and faster,
Escape your mess, your disaster.
Sweet Debra sat in the back,
A bullet shot, windscreen cracks.

Baby, Baby, which would you rather?
You can't love both without hurting the other. 
Baby, Baby, now deaf with no bail,
You lost both loves, 25 years in jail.

Baby, Baby, drive faster and faster,
I wonder how your engines feel. 

Hey Guys! 

I was practising my ballad writing, so I chose to work from a film or tv series. In the end I decided to write about the film Baby Driver, (inspired from Simon and Garfunkel's song) as I had just watched this film and thoroughly enjoyed it. In the poem I planned to focus on his two loves, Debra and music, as I felt that this was truly what the film was about. Spoiler alert, he loses both, hence the last stanza. 

Thanks for reading! 

Molly xoxo 

Ig: mollysavestheday





Comments

Popular Posts